The Agro-Industrial and Technical Sciences Department is involved in teaching, research, consultancy and continuing education and leads a number of research programs on food and non-food applications of agro-resources.
The department’s associate professors specialize in a wide range of disciplines related to the industrial processing of agricultural products, food products and bioproducts.
The team has developed extensive expertise in methanogenesis, green chemistry and the impact of processes on the overall quality of food products.
- Analytical chemistry
- Mineral chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Food biochemistry and food science
- Formulation and sensory analysis
- Microbiology and bioprocesses
- Industrial management and performance
- Food process engineering
- Physics, industrial refrigeration
- Quality, health, safety and environment