The Agronomic and Animal Sciences Department aims to improve the understanding, promotion and sustainability of agricultural ecosystems.
Its research units cover several disciplines at different levels, from individual plant and animal cells to whole plants and animals, production systems (crops and animal rearing), farming and land management.
- Plant ecophysiology and varietal selection
- Agroecology – sustainable agriculture and crop protection
- Operation and classification of farms, agri-environmental diagnostics, analysis of agricultural practices
- Soil science
- Animal welfare
- Animal nutrition and zootechnics, milk production, ruminants and breeding systems, ruminants, poultry, pigs
- Agronomy and land management
- Spatial analysis of land and land development
- Regional agroecological solutions
- Soil mapping
- Surface hydrology
- Environmental diagnostics for rural land