Process engineering facility
- Study of oxidation reactions,
- Theme-based studies in disinfection, sterilization, pasteurization and environmental remediation,
- Kinetic cooking studies,
- Kinetic drying studies.
Key technical equipment
- Semi-industrial liquid phase microwave system [microwave equipment used to treat pumpable products, with 6 x 1.2 kW generators, 5 with set power and 1 with variable power controlled by the product output temperature. The feed rate can reach up to 150 L/h depending on the type of product. This system is used to perform pasteurization and sterilization operations on runny liquids or viscous sauces with or without particles].
- Modular variable-power laboratory microwave system [fully instrumented equipment used to establish drying kinetics during microwave drying (in situ mass monitoring)]. Two treatment cavities are available — one stereomode cavity for heating and one monomode cavity for drying.
- Adjustable parameters: specific power to be applied (max. power 2000 W); air temperature (30 to 120°C); air speed (0 to 10 m/s); sample size: 100 to 500 g (according to product density),
- Measurable parameters: microwave power; real applied power; reflected microwave power; product mass; product temperature (fiber-optic + IR pyrometer).
- Vötsch Industritechnik environmental chamber, with controlled hygrometry of 20% to 90% RH and 10 to 50°C for product aging studies.
- Several ozone generators are housed in the facility: OZONIA discharge ozone generator (1 kg/h O3 production), OZONIA discharge ozone generator (100 g/h O3 production), discharge ozone generator (10 g/h O3 production). Ozone can be generated from atmospheric oxygen and/or liquid oxygen.
Ozone generation systems
- Several ozone generation systems are housed in the feasibility facility: 20 L ozone generation system for viscous liquids, 1.5 m3 ozone generation system for clear liquids, 1 m3 ozone generation system for turbid liquids, 50 kg ozone generation system for fine solids, and an 80 kg ozone generation system for coarse solids.
Dedicated physical measurement laboratory
- STABLE MICRO SYSTEMS TAXT plus texture analyzer,
- GBX Fast/1 fast water activity meter,
- MINOLTA CR300 colorimeter,
- METTLER TOLEDO MJ33 moisture analyzer,
- BROOKFIELD RVDV-II+ viscometer,
- NEWPORT Scientific RVA-4 Rapid Visco Analyzer,
- TELEPH – M TC meter.
ADEME, AgroParisTech, Regional Council of Picardy, FEDER, INRA, UTC, University of Brighton